Be past Monday afteroon, right? My work life got really busy and we had to have the house treated for bugs (either from a camping trip or Europe, who knows), so I’m just now catching up on things.
Here’s my rundown of goals:
- Blogging. One substantial blog post per week. I shared an excellent re-blog on ministry from my sister site, but nothing profound from me yet.
- Drawing. One to three posted, per week. Shared a quick sketch of feet. I’ll take what I can get!
- Writing. Share my World Youth Day experience through a series of themed essays: 2 per week. This is my slacker goal. I haven’t finished the series yet.
- Resting. Taking a day off per week and not getting hung up on things like stats and publicity. Monday was my day. Done!
- Complete my novel draft. Today, I hit 31K… just 1500 words shy of my halfway mark. Like a boss.
- Boost writing speed. I’m tapering off at about 3K words per hour, but that’s calculated, not sustained: I’ve been writing in two 25 minute bursts which leaves me with anywhere between 2100-2400 words per day.
- Schedule prayer time. I do have this going, but it’s not where I’d like it to be. I get distracted… but hey, at least I’m trying.
- New goal: write two critiques on Scribophile. One down, one to go!
Question for you: how do you balance work and blogging and life? I can feel my energy levels draining and I know I need a break… what’s your go-to for a kick back recovery night?