I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Camille of CamilleVT: Story-Sharing for a Better World! Yay, thanks!
What is the Liebster Award? It’s kind of like chain mail, where you receive it and are told to pay it forward… but this is much more fun.
Here’s how the Liebster Award works:
1. Link the person who nominated you to your blog post and let them know you answered their questions.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate other bloggers for the award (I think we’re to nominate people with less than 500 followers… you know, to share the love with newbies, self included).
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
So, I will nominate:
These are the questions I’m to answer:
1. If you could give advice to a crowd of people, what would it be?
Never give up on yourself. Don’t be afraid to take chances and stand up when everyone is backing down. Live your life, and love every moment you can.
2. Why do you write?
I write because I have a lot to say, I guess. Writing helps me process through my own life, my challenges and adventures, my hopes and dreams and ambitions. I love a good story of redemption, of change of heart. I like to help characters and people to grow and change, and they do the same for me.
3. Night or day?
Evening. As the sun’s going down. Around a campfire. With a guitar. And many good friends.
4. What’s your favourite joke?
Have you heard the one about the scarecrow? He’s out-standing in his field! Ahaha! Bonus awful joke I love: What’s red and hurts your teeth? …a brick. Ba-dum-kshh!
5. How do you want to create a positive impact?
Through my creativity and through my example. I want to reach people where they are, and by helping them discover their own creative gifts and talents.
6. Is there a movie that means a lot to you and has shaped your life in any way?
I really like the movie about Pope John Paul II, the theatrical version with Jon Voight. I also like Lord of the Rings, the Matrix, X Men, and pretty much every psychological thriller ever.
7. What is your favourite childhood memory?
Playing on Grandma and Grandpa’s farm, in the bushes, upstairs, by the garden, around the shed, chasing kittens in the barn. A million happy memories.
8. What is/was your favourite subject in school?
English, choir, and art. Though I quite enjoyed Chemistry and Triginometry, because I had awesome teachers. Oh! And I took a Theatre Tech class in college once. Best. Credit. Ever.
9. Summer or winter?
I’d vote for winter, unless I can have a mild summer without humidity, then… maybe summer. Honestly, though, fall. But I love the beauty of winter and being snuggled up in blankets, reading and crocheting. And warm toasty fires.
10. What was the happiest day of your life?
This one’s tough. I could be cliche and say, my wedding day, or the day I graduated college, and both would be true. I think we put too much pressure on naming “best days ever” when really, I remember best weeks, best months, best years. It’s much too difficult to name an event when life changes so gradually.
11. Is there somebody you want to thank for anything right now?
Um, everyone and everything. I’ll be moving soon, and I keep saying more and more goodbyes as the time draws closer. I have been so incredibly blessed in my life, and I feel my community buoying me up as my husband and I embark on a new adventure together.
And finally, here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
1. Who’s your role model?
2. What topics are most fun for you to blog about?
3. If you could visit any other country / region, where would you go, and why?
4. Do you have a creative space in which you work?
5. Complete this sentence: Most people would be surprised to find out that I…
6. What is one thing you hope to do to improve your blog over the next year?
7. How do you wind down and relax in the evenings before bed?
8. What’s your “Achilles’ heel” when it comes to blogging?
9. Biggest pet peeve?
10. If you could have any superpower, what would you be able to do?
11. My advice to other new bloggers: