I “stole” (with permission) and tweaked this survey from justbcauz and her blog here.
As are a lot of things on this blog, this is mostly for my own enjoyment… but you’re welcome to read along if you want! Enjoy!
1) What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
Um, lots of things. Got married and graduated from college in the same month. That was kind of crazy.
2) Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Probably didn’t keep my old resolutions- couldn’t tell you what they were. At least here I can track them better, so let’s go with that.
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
A couple of my cousins had babies, and a couple more are pregnant right now.
4) Did anyone close to you die?
No one too close, thank God.
5) What countries did you visit?
Um. Big old none. But I did travel to four new states, though. Maybe I’ll have more to add to the list next year!
6) What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
A real house with my husband!
7) What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 30, 2015: I married my love.
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating college, starting into the work force.
9) What was your biggest failure?
Ugh, the Millennial in me hates this question. Um. Not spending enough time with my family.
10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. Nothing major.
11) What was the best thing you bought?
A new (to me) car! Whee!
12) Whose behavior merited celebration?
People I know in the military. They are so strong.
13) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Our government during election time. I hate political ads. They are so awful.
14) Where did most of your money go?
College, debts, new(ish) car.
15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Working at my job, and getting to so some new things I’ve never done before! Look at me, being all grown up.
16) What song will always remind you of 2014?
Leave the Night On.
17) Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier
– thinner or fatter? Fatter
– richer or poorer? I have a much richer life (forget money anyway)
18) What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spend more time with my friends.
19) What do you wish you’d done less of?
Social media. And worrying- it gets me nowhere.
20) How did you be spend New Year’s?
Asleep early. No shame.
21) Did you fall in love in 2014?
Over and over again.
22) Name someone you became friends with this past year.
Ruth, from work. She’s a sweetheart.
23) What was your favorite TV program?
Arrow all the way!
24) Favorite pastime?
Arts and crafts, and blogging!
25) What was the best book you read?
The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I didn’t think I would like it… but I did!
26) What was your greatest musical discovery?
I need to embrace the fact that I really enjoy (most) new country music. A couple of them are stupid, but a lot of the new stuff is better than people give it credit for.
27) What did you want and get?
A new phone.
28) What did you want and not get?
A labelmaker. I’ve been wanting one for ever. I need to just break down and buy one.
29) What was your favorite film of this year?
The Giver. It was great. Also, Divergent was awesome… not like I had it pictured, but still good.
30) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Did archery with my husband and his family. Went out to eat at a little Mexican restaurant. His grandfather shot a spot ball clear across the restaurant. Yep, that’s the kind of family I just joined.
31) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If only I could set dates for things and they actually happen when I think they will. Ah well. Not the end of the world.
32) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
1. Is this something I can make last for a long time?
2. Is it clean? Yep. Still fits? Yep. Go for it.
33) What kept you sane?
34) Which public figure did you fancy the most?
Pope Francis, all day, every day.
35) What political issue stirred you the most?
All life-related issues.
36) Whom did you miss?
My friend Haley. We need to hang out more. True story.
37) Who was your role model for the year?
Oh, you know, besides my husband? My friend Gabby. She is so sweet and caring and thinks so highly of me. I love her to death.
38) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014:
Live your life. Don’t be afraid, held back, or intimidated by obstacles or challenges. If it’s God’s will, He will help you make it happen.
39) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“Every time I fall, I get back up again, cinch my saddle up, and find me another wind.”